Monday, December 08, 2014

This Week In Candy

As you read this post I'm presently somewhere in Dubai.  I'm not sure where, but hopefully I've managed to post a few pictures of some of the treats I've discovered and keep any sand out of my ice cream.  So what does this mean for things at candycritic.org this week?  Well the new review is going to be a little bit delayed.  I should be back soon, and I'll try and post it as soon as I get back.  Also next week I'll be sure to post something about this trip, as I'm sure Dubai has some fun and tasty sweet treats.

If my internet connection holds out, then the Snack Facts posts should be going up as usual.  This week we're looking at chocolate, a topic near to my heart right now since I'm presently working on a book about the history of chocolate.  I've decided to share a few quick facts that I've picked up researching this book.  As always you can follow Snack Facts on Instagram, and if you don't do Instagram you can also see the posts on our Twitter or Facebook feeds.

Our other posts this week will all be about Christmas/the Holidays, because it's one of the best times of year to talk about food.  Candy, and snacks have been an important part of my holiday seasons, and I'm always excited to see what the big red man has left me to munch on.  In our Cool Candy Things post I'm continuing to post about awesome gingerbread things.  For Candy In The Media all this month I'm looking at famous Christmas songs that feature candy or sweet treats.

Sorry no new review today, but I'll let you know when it's up later this week.

CC

No comments: