Monday, June 29, 2015

This Week In Candy

This week is a very important week for me.  I'm sure all of you American's are saying, "it's the 4th of July week", but that's not what I'm talking about.  For some reason the Canadian leaders of 1867 decided that they would sign the Charlottetown accord (a piece of paper that would separate Canada from the Brits) on July 1st only 4 days away from the American's independence day.  I'm sure our great Canadian Founding Fathers figured that Canada would grow to be a stronger country than the US, and that we wouldn't be bombarded with red, white and blue Facebook and Instagram photos all week.  It can be hard living above such noisy neighbours, but this week on candycritic.org, it's going to be all about just the red and white.

This week on Snack Facts we're going to celebrating some of Canada's most famous treats.  Every day on our Instagram feed we're going to teach you a new fun fact about a classic Canadian snack.  If you don't use Instagram, don't worry, you can learn all about these Canadian treats by following our Facebook page or Twitter feed as well.

Normally on "This Week In Candy" I also tell you what we're working on at Candy Critic, such as writing projects and photo work, but not this week.  This week I'm just going to enjoy being Canadian as much as I can (it's particularly difficult because I'm not actually in Canada right now *tear*).  To start off my, Canada is awesome week, I'm just going to mention that Kinder Eggs are abundant in Canada.

This week's review is also very Canadian.  The story behind it is amazing, small town Canadian boys making it big in the candy business.  OMG's are the next generation of great Canadian treats, and we have some of the best in the world.  Click here to read the OMG's review.

CC

No comments: