Friday, November 16, 2018

Memorable Japanese Kit Kats I've Reviewed - Part 5 - What I Knew About Japan Before I Went The First Time

Make sure to check out our earlier posts this week where we've been looking at some of the interesting Japanese Kit Kat bars that we've sampled in the past. Right now we're in Japan, and I'm hoping that right this minute I'm stuffing my face with even more Kit Kats.

Today I'm going to talk a little bit about my expectations of Japan. This is not my first trip to Japan (the one we're on right now), I went with Allison a few years ago and we stayed for several months. Allison had lived in Japan for several years, and she was working there again while we were there. I on the other hand was there to figure this place out. Figuring out Japan takes a lifetime, but trying to figure it out will make you very happy while you're there.

Growing up in Toronto I was  exposed to many Japanese things, including restaurants and Asian shops. I would often go to the Asian shops and explore. I would certainly look for candy and one thing I truly loved was ramune soda. It's a fairly average fruity soda, except on the method you open it. When I went to Japan I wasn't sure if everything I learned about Japan from the stores in Toronto would be accurate. As expected, in some ways it was the same and in some ways it wasn't. One of the ways that it was similar is the amount of ramune soda available. It was strange, but during my stay in Japan the first time, ramune soda actually reminded me a little bit of Canada.

That's why I had to get the ramune flavoured Kit Kat bar. To me it represents Japanese sweet food culture so well, and it reminded me of home a little too.

Click here to read about my ramune Kit Kat exspirience.

Also make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to find out what we're doing right.... now!

CC

No comments: