Monday, May 30, 2011

Shreddies

Since this is my first time living away from Canada for a long period of time I wasn't really sure what I might miss.  Allison and I have this running joke about missing Shreddies (a Canadian cereal).  This was something she missed when she moved to Japan for a few years.  So whenever we talk about missing something, we always reply with Shreddies.  It's even on our list of things we hope people bring us when they visit.  The thing is, when I'm in Canada I don't really eat Shreddies all that much, so I figured it represented a symbol more than any kind of reality.
Well one of our friends pulled through for us, and got us two boxes of Shreddies.  It was great, and very thoughtful   The other day I pored myself a bowl and figured I would enjoy them while I had them, and do you know what happened?  I started to feel better when I ate them, I started to remember all the nice things about Canada.  I'm now deathly afraid of running out of Shreddies.

CC

No comments: