Monday, April 30, 2012

This Week In Candy

Candy News - It was brought to my attention that I have not tried several classic British treats. I have a trip to London coming soon and I think I'm going to attempt to make up for several of the missing sweets.  While I have a pretty good idea about some of the packaged sweets I'm missing (Walnut Whips, Fry's Turkish Delight and Chocolate Cream), I'm not as sure if there are any bulk British treats that I might be missing.  I think I have to do some investigation on the subject.

What's Happening At Candy Critic - This week we have a special feature.  Every day we're going to tell you about a great candy treat that you may not have tried, but really you should.  All of them were found outside of North America, so it might not be easy to buy one for yourself.  I guess it's a little mean of me to point this out, but I wanted to give you fair warning.

Rant - This past week I got hurt (the photo above), it looks like nothing major, but it was pretty serious.  It actually stopped me from using my thumb for about a day and a half.  How I got this injury is the strangest thing, I got it from opening a pistachio.  People don't really think about how dangerous pistachios can be, but I'm living proof.  It also gave me some insight as to why a bag of shelled pistachios costs so much.

CC

No comments: