Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Old Candy Critic Articles - Gum-o-fun Part 2


I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week I'm posting the second part of an article all about some of the prizes that come with your gum.  Last week I posted the first part with a few other gums that I sampled.

So you got yourself a nickel? Well not only are you ready to enjoy a neat gum chewing treat but you may enjoy a little entertainment too. Since you only seem to have one nickel and you can only get one of these treats, the folks at Candy Critic want to help you pick out what could be the most important decision of the next five minutes. We're going to open a new door into a world of bubble blowing fun. You've trusted us with your candy choices, now it's time to take a look at entertainment too. So let's look at which one of these gums is both entertaining and tasty.

Looney Tunes

The Gum

Since we all know that there is nothing natural in these gums, at least they should make them interesting. The gum was white and the taste was kind of flavourless. It tasted like.., it didn’t have any taste at all.

Chew Time : 2:52

The Prize

I love the Looney Tunes characters and the representation in this sticker ain't too shabby. This prize is keeper I’m going to stick it to my sketchbook right now.








Spice Girls

I'm not really sure when the flavour ended with this gum, only because it really didn't start. This gum had the strangest flavour and I didn’t really like it that much. It could have been that my gum was a little stale, or just that the gum had no flavour at all.  It would have been cool if they decided to give their gum some spice instead of just being bland.

Chew Time : 4:07

The Prize
Being a guy in my late 20s (now late 30s), you might think that the idea of having a Spice Girls Sticker would make me feel silly.  I have to admit; I'm going to stick this on my notebook right now. Gotta love the Spice Girls.








WCW Gum

The Gum
Stale, this gum is so stale. The WCW no longer exists, so if you find this gum, it will be stale. It does however taste kind of strawberry-like but the strawberry flavour is a little too fake for my liking.

Chew Time : 4:23


The Prize

Dated, but fun is the best way to describe this sticker. I love getting merchandise from wrestlers that have either passed their prime, or that no one remembers. That's what makes this prize kind of neat, but it may not be for everyone.








CC

No comments: