Monday, June 09, 2014

This Week In Candy

Last week I announced the beginning of the Greek candy review marathon.  Unlike our week long review-a-thons that have a new review every day for a week, this Greek candy review marathon will work slow and steady in order spread out all of the Greek candy joy.  Each week we'll be posting a new Greek candy review instead of our regular candy review, this should last for about two months.  This week however I wanted to show off a new candy discovery that was sent to me from the lovely folks at Natasha's Just Brittle as well.  So that means that this week you're getting two new reviews, today is Natasha's Just Brittle, and on Wednesday I'll post the new Greek treat review.

If you've been keeping track of our Snack Facts daily post on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, then you'll know that we've started to develop weekly themes with our  facts.  This week we're looking at hazelnut spreads, not just Nutella, but mostly Nutella.  Every day this week we'll post a new quick fact about a sweet treat that's taking the world by storm.

As you've read above, my time in Greece is quickly coming to an end.  I'm moving someplace new and exciting (it's a secret), but on my way I'm stopping off in Canada for about a month to remind myself how awesome a country Canada is.  I've decided as well to pick up a whole bunch of Canadian treats to review on Candy Critic.  I've noticed over the years that I'm missing a few classic treats, like the Caramilk bar, and I want to rectify that.  I've also discovered that there are a few new treats that I haven't tried yet, I think there are a few M&M varieties I haven't sampled  yet.  I'm going to go on a candy shopping spree, but I need your help, let me know of any Canadian (or even American) candies that I must try.

CC

No comments: