Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting to the Root of the beer

Man, as of late I’ve gotten into Root beer again. See I’ve been off it for a while because I had a bad experience as a kid. Let’s just say if you ever find a case of Root beer in your grandmother’s basement and you think it’s neat that it’s the old fashion cans. It just might be old Root beer.

The thing about Root beer is I know very little about it. I’ve tried a similar drink called Sarsaparilla which I believe is the predecessor to Root beer, but other than that I’m pretty clueless about it’s history.

I’m also not sure why they associate the root with it. For me roots are not attractive at all, even roots I enjoy eating aren’t attractive, like carrots. So why name a fun soda pop after what’s probably the ugliest part of any plant. I could look up the history of Root beer online but I’m feeling a little lazy today, so instead I’m going to go eat something.

CC

No comments: