Tuesday, September 19, 2006

From France PT 02

Our fine editor Allison is off in France for the next little while and she’s been sending us candy updates regularly:

There is a vending machine with a couple of treats I haven't seen in the stores before. One is a "no sugar added" chocolate bar, with what looks like little rice crisps.

Each bar has 10g carbs... 5 are fibre, and 2.5 come from sugars. I assume that maybe the other 2.5 come from the chocolate or sugar alcohols? I haven't read the ingredient list yet. It will be challenging being only in French.

They were 1 Euro each. A little expensive, but I want to try one, so I bit the bullet and got one. But two came out! I don't think they're in the machine in twos, so I guess I got a little bonus. Yay!

Ate one. It was ok, not great. Maltitol inside. Took to about halfway through the bar to get used to the taste and start really liking it. Not quite Cadbury Delight, but rice crispies inside were nice although there were not enough of them. Might get it again for a dose of choco before I leave this country.

CCE

No comments: