Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No ice cream till it warms up

Now and again I make stupid decisions and presently I’m trapped in one. See I made a promise to myself, with Allison as a witness that I will not purchase any ice cream until we get 5 consistent days of summer like weather. I am allowed to eat ice cream if I don’t purchase it but I can’t under any circumstance buy it myself.

This all stems from the fact that winter here in Ottawa decided to last a little longer than it usually does and I thought that if I didn’t allow my summer ritual of eating ice cream to commence then it would send a strong message to Mother Nature. I assure you that after having just written it out that plan makes even less sense to me. But I’m a man of my word and although we’ve had two days of summer today may be a little too chilly to count so I think I’m back to square one.

CC

No comments: