Monday, February 11, 2008

Bubbles is my favourite Powerpuff Girl

So a while ago I picked up this strange little drink called Cici Bubble Jelly Drink. It basically reminds me of that drink from the 90s that had the little strange balls floating in it. The difference is this one also seems to have some kind of transparent rectangular cube like bits too. I bought it with the intention of telling you guys all about it right off the bat. Then I read the top label and it said it’s better refrigerated. That was about 2 months ago.

Now having found it after eating the chocolate cream pie that was right in front of it I’ve decided to give it a try. After taking it out of the fridge my first instinct was to shake it around and stare at it for a while, so I did. Those circles and rectangles are mesmerizing. As I was just about to stick my straw in I noticed one of the big design flaws of this treat. The straw’s about 2 inches too short, but that’s not going to stop me.

Well the best way to describe this fine treat is that it’s like sucking Jell-O with little bits of fake fruit through a really short straw. I also noticed while drinking it that the top mentions that it contains “Natade Coco”. I’m thinking that Natade Coco is probably short for fake fruit like things that you can chew but strangely have no texture found on earth.

(As a side note if you think the last picture here is as boss as I do you can buy yourself a copy of it in the candy critic store.)

CC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nata de coco is basically a coconut fibre, widely consumed in the phillipines. You can buy them in flavored pouches... strawwberry, lime, mango! All very good.

Chris Stewart said...

I'll have to try and find some. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Orbitz! Or something to that effect. I only ever drank the one with the orange floaties. The white floaties were ok though.