Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Book So Far

I figure since I’m working so hard and full time on the book from here on in it might start affecting the time I have to focus on Blogs, or at least the number of adventures that I’ll be going on in the next few months. Then it hit me, why not write about the writing process of this book. I’ve decided to start with a look at where I stand right now.

Publishing: At this point I don’t have a publisher or even an agent. Agents have approached me in the past but when they contacted me I really didn’t have a book idea in my head. Now that I have something to work on my goal is really to get a pitch and samples ready to go.

The Samples: Right now I’m working on picking photographs and short writings for each photo. I’m also working on writing some chapter introductions as well. The focus of the book is on the beauty of Asian Treats so photos seem like they’d be key. I also figure my background is in visual arts and in particular photography so this is a good blend.
The Pitch: Well this as I write it is sort of the pitch I guess. I’m going to refine it a bit and put something nice and neat together with the samples. If you happen to be a book agent and you want a copy of said pitch please let me know. The First deadline: I’m giving myself until October 31st (Halloween) to have the samples and the pitch ready to either mail or e-mail. Then after that the goal is to compile a list of agents and publishers to send said pitch.

CC

4 comments:

Jim said...

Good luck with the book, I'll buy it when it comes out.

Willy Ashworth said...

Hi Chris

Just saying hello!

Hello!

I love that you do stuff! Keep it up!

You inspire me!!

Chou said...

Good luck, may publishers come your way. ;)

Chris Stewart said...

Hey Willy Ashworth. If anybody out there wants to know how a Candy Critic is created he might have a few ideas. And thanks for everyone’s words of encouragement on and offline. I'm working hard and I'll be posting my progress.