Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jon's Cereal Brigade!

Good Morning Cereal Brigadiers! I've dispensed with getting into 'healthy' cereals just yet as I have followed my nose (it always knows) and buried myself in a box of fruit loops. In fact, I couldn't help myself and had a bowl of it as an after work snack! This is another beloved childhood candy cereal of mine from long ago. I like its bright colours; the fact that it stays reasonably crunchy is a small plus but most importantly is the taste - each ring really does have a slightly different fruitesque taste and... and I find that I enjoy it! I'll have to do some more sampling as I work through the box but ol' Toucan Sam, wise, somewhat less obsessed (probably because he was always able to eat his cereal unlike so many other cereal mascots - though the Cap'n also could enjoy his product too) bird that he was, knew what he was doing deep in the jungle when he crafted this cereal! Now, today's video is a 1963 commercial for the board game Mousetrap...do note the announcer's enthused voice, Billy's plastic hair and how many times they shout Mousetrap! I had the privilege of playing this once when I was young, in the early 80s, and I still love the Rube-Goldberg contraption that is the center of the game - take that you peanut butter stealing mouse!

Jon

No comments: