Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Deep Fried Treats At A Greek Street Festival

Almost nothing makes me happier than trying out a new street festival or carnival food. Fortunately for me my friend Alex invited me out the other night for a stroll through a fun little street festival here in Athens. Even better, almost all of the food available was super sweet.
Seeing as how I had just finished dinner and I wasn't super hungry I decided to pick out one treat to sample. My friend Alex recommended that I try these little deep fried balls of dough that come covered in either honey or chocolate.
Now I know I should have probably chosen chocolate, but I was told that the traditional way to eat these was with the honey. So I got myself a huge tub of these deep fried wonders and munched away. Now I'm not saying I didn't enjoy these, but I have to admit that the best part about this snack was the honey (with a little cinnamon added). The balls where fairly flavourless and in my case kind of cold. I think I may try them again with chocolate, but I also think I should try a few of the other street festival foods in the future.

CC

No comments: