Monday, February 07, 2011

Greek Chocolate Donuts

In my quest to find the greatest baklava in all of Greece, I've discovered something pretty amazing.  I've discovered that Greeks make many more awesome baked treats, some I might even argue are better than traditional baklava.  Case in point are these deep fried donuts that Allison and I found one day while walking downtown.
They may simply appear to be standard donuts dripping in chocolate sauce, but there's so much more going on here.  First of all the chocolate sauce is spectacular, one of the best chocolate sauces I've ever tasted.  Secondly the donuts are super fluffy, more similar to a French Cruller in texture.  Finally the outside of this donut is crunchy, this is perfect because it keeps the whole donut from getting soggy with chocolate sauce.  Truly this is one of the great donut experiences I've ever tasted.

CC

No comments: