Monday, March 14, 2011

Harrods Candy

For those unfamiliar with Harrods it can best be defined as the ultimate in departments stores.  It's huge, it's very classy, and it sells just about anything one can dream of.
I regularly dream about candy, and yes Harrods has me covered.  The food court section of the store is a spectacular collection of the best quality foods from every corner of the globe.  They have a deli counter with Spanish hams, Russian caviars, and French wines.  They also have a huge candy section filled with all kinds of treats.
Fortunately I was visiting just as they got their Easter stuff out for display.  These fancy eggs look absolutely beautiful.
They even have a giant egg that I'm sure would be very hard to hide.
So I guess your wondering what I thought of the treats?  Well I decided to pick up a chocolate (it wasn't cheap I assure you) and give it a sample.  I have to say that I was both disappointed and satisfied.  The quality was OK, and the selection was good, it's just that it wasn't the best I've ever had.  With the prices they charge I was expecting to be blown away, and frankly I've had better or similar for much less.

CC

No comments: