Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Younger Audiences Don't Want Free Candy

According to a study young folks are not interested in samples anymore when it come to new foods.  Instead, apparently, they're more interested in learning about the company and in having personal engagement with the company.  All I can say about this is "What the heck!"  Seriously free samples, that means you get stuff... free.  What's wrong with this new generation, I wish they'd just wake up and see the world in some kind of reality, and I wish they'd get off my lawn!

Click here to read more about young folks.

CC

2 comments:

Alex said...

This makes so much sense to me! (probably because I'm 24 and therefore right in the targeted demographic) I see this in the chocolate shop where I work, too- customers are asking a lot of questions to understand the ingredients and process. I think it's a really cool development.

Chris Stewart said...

I can understand that people like to know what they're eating, but let's say that a new chocolate bar came out. Say you could only either get a free sample, or find out what's in it. Would you really choose find out what's in it? If so, why?