Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Candied Almonds

I don't want to say that these candied almonds are the best in the world.  The only reason I don't want to say that is because I have not tasted every single candied almond in the world.  I also don't want to say that these candied almonds are the best nuts in the whole world.  Again, I don't want to say it because I have not tried every single nut in the world either.  I can safely say that these are the best candied nuts (almond or otherwise) that I have ever tried in my life and maybe even the best nuts.  It may not sound like much, but I have tried hundereds of candied nuts and even more candied other things in my life as the Candy Critic.
I'd love to tell you where you too can get your hands on these nuts, but that's where this gets complicated.  I buy mine from a small bakery around the corner from my house.  The people at this bakery do not speak a word of English, and my Greek isn't good enough yet to get an explination.  They come only in these clear containers with no labels at all.  So I imagine they're hand made somewhere by some kind of candied nut saint.

CC

No comments: