Thursday, August 25, 2011

I May Be Broke, But At Least I'm Not Thirsty

One of my pet peeves about traveling, mostly in Europe, is the bottled water scam.  It happens in many restaurants all over the continent, and there's not much you can do about it.  When you arrive at a restaurant, parched after a day of sight seeing, and you ask for water, all they have is bottled water.  Now I happen to know that in Greece, Poland, and Lithuania that the water is safe to drink.  I appreciate the offer of bottled, but when I ask for tap water, that's all I want.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to visit your establishment and just drink tap water.  I plan on getting something to eat, and maybe another fancy drink as well.  I just need something to balance out my body before enjoying your wonderful food.  In some restaurants, particularly the ones I like, they set you up with some cold tap water right off the bat, without asking.  It's a nice thing to do.

CC

No comments: