Friday, August 26, 2011

Nut Allergies

I just read a few articles about nut allergies, and I have to say I feel a little bad about myself.  I've been asked many times about what I think/do about treats filled with nuts, and my answer is generally nothing.  I've rarely voiced any opinions on the matter and after reading these articles I'm thinking I should.  In fact, these articles have changed my opinion, a little.  At first I thought that nut allergies were kind of a nuisance, and overblown in the media.  Then the more I thought about it, the more I thought that maybe it's something that candy manufactures could easily deal with.  Why not make your treat that contains no nuts, actually contain no nuts?  It says a lot about the effort into detail and quality if you can make sure your bar doesn't contain something that's not in the ingredients.

Click here to read about kids with nut allergies that are being mocked regularly.

Click here to read about a chocolate maker that didn't cut it when they said nut free.

CC

No comments: