Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Candy Store Tips - Pain In The Ass Bulk Bins

For many years now I've been lucky enough to explore candy stores all over the world.  I've seen the worst and I've seen the best.  Now, each week, I'm going to give you a tip that will help you know instantly how good any candy store you walk into might be.  This is also useful if you happen to own a candy store as well, follow these tips and customers will notice.
I can't tell you how many times I've been trying to dig some tasty morsel out of a bulk bin and had the stupid bin door slam in my face.  I'm not saying at this point that you shouldn't shop at a candy store because their bulk bins keep slamming down when you're trying to get your candy, but I am saying this drives me nuts.  I guess this tip is more of a plea to the candy store owners (in particular the new ones that are designing their stores right now).  Please, make sure your bins are easy to dig candy out of.  Also, make sure the bins are easy for your employees to clean.  I've been to a few candy stores with functional bins to take the candy out, but then notice the employees struggling to try and clean them out.  Employees could get frustrated with this and stop cleaning out the bins regularly.  This leads to some pretty gross bins and candy that I don't want to buy.

I'd like to thank the beautiful Snyder's Candy for providing photos for this article.

CC

No comments: