Monday, January 16, 2012

Chocolate Cream Cheese or Why Was This Not Invented a Long Time Ago

Once in a while I come across a food product that surprises me.  These products, although clever, surprise me because I can't believe no one had come up with this idea until now. They seem so simple, but for some reason it took this long to come up with them.  This container of Philadelphia chocolate cream cheese is exactly such a product.
It's not a hazelnut spread like Nutella, or it's not a chocolate sauce either. This is chocolate, Milka chocolate to be exact, and cream cheese blended seamlessly together.  What you get is one of the creamiest milk chocolate flavours I've ever eaten in my whole life. 
What it does to crackers (how I ate this) is turn them into the crust for your mouth sized chocolate cheesecake bites.  It was just like eating one of the smoothest chocolate cheese cakes and best of all you could choose how much cheesecake filling you wanted for each bite.  While I'd like to congratulate the folks at Philadelphia cream cheese for making such a product, I'd also like to tell them that it's about time.

CC

2 comments:

Lot-O-Choc said...

Ive been making stuff like this for ages, I stir hot chocolate powder into philadelphia extra light cream cheese = delicious!

Chris Stewart said...

Is it vital that the cream cheese is "extra light"?