Thursday, January 19, 2012

Viennese Review-a-Thon Problem

As I wrote in an earlier blog, Vienna has a love of Mozart, and in particular they have a love of these Mozart chocolates. I knew I couldn't have a Viennese review-a-thon without including these somewhere.  The problem is that many candy companies manufacture these chocolates and I couldn't pick which brand to buy.
I decided that the best way to deal with this, would be to randomly pick out two brands of these round chocolate balls and inspect them.  I'd then pick out the one that, just by appearance, I felt would be the best candidate for review.
I did a little research and learned that when these chocolates first came out, one of the selling points was that they had no flat edges.  Instantly after inspecting these two candidates, even in the package, one seemed more authentic than the other.
But I didn't want to simply stop there, the best way to inspect a chocolate is to slice it open.  My guess, that the perfectly round chocolate being much higher quality over the one with the flat edge was proven correct even further.  The round chocolate had so many more layers and just looked so nice.  After this quick inspection my final choice, without tasting anything, was the round chocolate.
I did taste both, the round one you can read about in the review, the flat one... Well it was OK, it might have even had more flavour than the round one.  The problem is the flavour was just a super sweet marzipan, and nothing else.  I think I made a good choice.

Click here to read the review.

CC

No comments: