Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baking Today/My Greek Cookbook - Baked Quince

Before starting this cookbook, a Quince was merely an imaginary fruit.  I knew it existed, but I'd never tried one, and I'm not sure if I could have picked one out of a fruit bowl. Now after doing some research I was faced with having to cook with it.  I did, as all cooks should do, sample the fruit raw and un-altered state, that was a mistake, yuck.  However, after tasting it, I realized that the potential for cooking it might be there.
I have two recipes that call for quince, so I decided to start with the simplest to make, and the one I thought would change the fruit the least.  As it turns out quince is a really interesting fruit to cook with, and I think I may experiment with it even more, beyond the two recipes I have planned for my cookbook.

CC

No comments: