Friday, December 21, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - The 12 Candies of Christmas Part 9

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This article I've decided to re-post a little differently.  Since it's a special post for Christmas, the 12 days of Christmas in particular, I've decided to split it up into 12 parts and count down the days till the fat guy's going to bring me some sweet gifts.

'Tis the season to eat candy fa la la la la la la laaaaaa. As we all know Santa's Sack includes candy, and you know it's always what I want for Christmas. The question, with all of the Christmas candy out on the market, is which candy really says Christmas. Well in classic Candy Critic style we're going to tell you, and you better believe we're going to make it as cheesy as possible. Sooooooo.....

On the ninth day of Christmas (whenever that is) my true love gave to me......

One scoop of Chocolate Covered Almonds

Does your holiday season need a touch of class? Are you sick of childish candies with bright colours? Want to invite the boss to Christmas dinner, and don't want to hand him a reindeer that poops brown jelly beans? Well, here is your answer. The chocolate covered almond is all about class. It can make even the biggest loser look like a high-class, snobby gentleman or lady. Well, maybe that's a little ambitious, but the chocolate covered almond is an excellent treat to have on hand for your Christmas party, and I really don't know anybody that doesn't like them, so it's a safe bet.

I guess you could say that these really aren't "Christmas" candies, but as a child I remember them being a fundamental part of my festive experience. I also noticed that a lot of stores have started to carry them durring the holidays as well, so I can't be the only, one right.

CC

No comments: