Monday, April 15, 2013

This Week In Candy

Last week I had the privilege to taste the worst chocolate bar I've ever tasted in my entire life.  I posted the review this morning, but nothing can take the memory away of biting into a bar and being filled with such disappointment   People often ask me what I look for in a candy, it's not an easy question to answer because I look for so much in a treat.  The only thing I can tell you is that I'm most certainly not looking for disappointment   Fortunately for me, the candy world often doesn't disappoint, and I'm often blessed with great treats to taste.

We've just put together a deal with a Japanese candy store called Oyatsu Cafe.  They're going to be sending us a whole bunch of awesome treats to try out and review, but that's not all.  If you happen to want to sample one of the Japanese treats we review, Oyatsu Cafe will give you 15% off your purchase if you enter the code "CANDYCRITIC" in your shopping cart page.  They've got a pretty good selection of treats, and they'll ship anywhere in the world.

I also want to remind you about the photography show happening this Thursday in Athens at the Finnish Institute at Athens for our sister site bewarethecheese.com.  If you want to come down and say hello that would be very awesome.  Not to be outdone by the folks at Oyatsu Cafe, if you find me there, tell me the words "CANDY CRITIC" and I'll give you something cool.

CC

No comments: