Friday, August 07, 2015

Bad Candy Ideas? - Part 5 - Banana Candy... All of it

Everyday this week I'm posting about one of the worst ideas in the candy world that I've ever come across.  Of all of the candy flavours in the world, I would have to say that the one I hate most is fake banana.  Watermelon comes a close second, but I've had a few treats in my time that were watermelon flavoured that kind of worked.  Banana on the other hand is pretty much batting zero.  It's not that I haven't tried to change this, at every oportunity I sample new banana flavoured treats, but inevetiably I'm disapointed.

The biggest problem I have with "banana" flavoured treats is the fact that they never taste like a real banana.  Banana's have a smooth creamy sweet flavour, but for some reason every candy company seems to give banana candies a strong perfumy flavour.  Have you ever eaten a banana candy right after eating a real banana, they're nothing alike at all.  One could argue that many flavours don't match their original fruit counterpart, but for some reason fake banana just doesn't work for me.  I can't ever remember liking this horrible flavour, and I think it may stay that way for ever.  Unless someone can match the true flavour of banana, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Click here to read about one bad banana candy.

CC

No comments: