Monday, January 25, 2021

The Shape Of Salty Snacks To Come?

We're going to forget the argument that salty snacks are not candy and have no place on this site. I've covered that a few times on this blog, and I'm not going to stop reviewing this kind of snack. The thing I want to talk about today is the lack of creativity when it comes to the shape of salty snacks. Right now I'm seeing a trend is making salty snacks 3D. This means escaping the common flat potato chip (or perfectly round, or triangle) shape of salty snacks, and we're adventuring out a bit. Sure there's also pretzels and cheese puffs, but frankly those are shapes that have been around for such a long time. What I'm talking about is making salty snacks in fun shapes similar to gummies. I think the only brand that's really done it recently is Goldfish crackers. 

The thing that makes me happy are snacks like this week's new review. In Asia there seems to be a trend in making salty snacks in the shape of chicken parts. Obviously you flavour them with chicken, but I guess that doesn't have to be a rule either. I would just like to see more salty snacks with really unique shapes. I think potato chips should be the next group of salty snacks to take on this challenge. It's not like Pringles are a naturally shaped potato chip, so why not make it fun. I also think more cracker companies should be doing this too.

Click here to read about these chicken shaped salty snacks (and please don't complain about them not being candy).

Also be sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, I guess you could complain about them not being candy there.

Don't forget to pick up the latest issue of Snack Facts as well, and don't miss some of the merch at our store either.

CC

No comments: