Monday, April 26, 2021

Turtle Time

When I was a kid, Turtles were all the rage. I'm not sure when they came out, but I feel like they really hit their stride in the mid 80s. There was even competition from other candy companies making Turtles rip offs, like Armadillos. Interestingly, I don't think that Nestle put out a million different variety of Turtles then, it was just the one kind of Turtle, and they promoted it like crazy. Today the way to promote yourself seems to be about making a million varieties, and changing up the size is certainly a key tool in the candy bar war. I'm not sure it always works (see this new review), but I'm happy it happens. After all, when candy companies are forced to be creative, we all win.


Also be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to keep up with all our fun shenanigans.


CC

No comments: