Monday, September 05, 2022

Shape Is Important

I think it's pretty interesting that a candy like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup can exist before the Reese's Bar. I say this because bars are the most typical shape of chocolate treats, and cups although not too strange, are not nearly as common as bars. Even the old commercials for Reese's Cups used to show people eating bars of chocolate and accidentally getting peanut butter on these bars. They never explained the cup shape, and frankly I don't know where it came from. I probably would have never even thought about this if it wasn't for this bar, the candy that appears to be a step backwards in the evolution of the peanut butter cup.

Check out my full review of this strange yet very simple bar.

Make sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram too.

If you want to learn a little about the history of candy, pick up my comic called Snack Facts.

CC

No comments: