Thursday, August 22, 2013

Classic/Creative Candy Advertising

I've been thinking a lot about bubble gum lately.  According to some statistics bubble gum has fallen out of popularity lately compared to the rest of the candy business.  I have to be honest, my love of chewing gum has diminished lately as well.  I'm thinking that it has something to do with the creativity around the chewy treat.  There really hasn't been huge strides towards making gum more fun to eat.  Most of the advancements have been in health and biodegradability instead.  I'm not saying that these two factors aren't important, I just think that many gum companies aren't really thinking about people enjoying gum, but instead are thinking about why people should chew gum.  There's a big difference, and I'm guessing this is why gum sales might be in a slump.

I found this mildly disturbing ad here.

CC

No comments: