Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dill-agent choice

A while back I wrote and article for the National Post here in Canada about what the perfect Canadian treat might be. Bellow my article was an article written by the Prime Minster of Canada’s wife Laureen Harper all about the virtues of Old Dutch Dill Pickle Potato Chips only available in the western part of Canada. Well on my little journey last week I happened to have had a stop in western Canada so I searched out a bag. What I found was that they not only had dill pickle but also creamy dill. The Old Dutch people are dill crazy.

I figure I’d start with the creamy dill. These things are pretty good too. I thought it would be just dill with like a sour cream flavour but there seems to be a little pickle in it too. I’m impressed and I haven’t even tried la piece de resistance.

Now these aren’t bad (I’ll give more details when I review them later). They’re a little sharper than the creamy dill and I thought the smell was a little stronger. It’s hard to tell which is better but I may have to go with the creamy dill. So Mrs. Harper if you haven’t tried the creamy dill yet I recommend you give them a try.

CC

No comments: