Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Something about Convenience in Japan

I think I’ve mentioned before the fact the Japan is totally loaded with convenience stores.


It’s not really easy to explain exactly how overpopulated Tokyo is with convenience stores but I figure I’d try. So what I did is go for a walk that lasted about two hours. This walk was both in busy and not so busy areas of the city (Roppongi to Ginza), and during this walk I counted and took pictures of every convenience store that I passed. The rule was that I had to pass the store on the same side of the street stores across the street didn’t count but I can assure you there were even more.

The grand total was 14 stores. It may not seem like much but in Toronto I think my old average would have been closer to 4 or 5, and Ottawa maybe 2.

CC

No comments: