Monday, November 15, 2010

IKEA Snacks Frustrating and Fantastic

On recent trip to IKEA I realized how strange a place it can be when it comes to snacking.  I say this because the entire store is filled with snacks that you're not allowed to eat.
Almost all of the jars on display where full of great looking treats, and glued shut.  I say "almost all" because the jar of gummy mushroom things in this photo was open and I had one.
When you finally get through most of the store you come to a restaurant that does have some great food, like this D'aim cake, but none of those cookies or gummy treats are available.  You eventually find that you can only get these treats at the end of the store, having already paid for your stuff and generally just interested in leaving the chaos of IKEA behind you. Why don't they have more snacks available throughout the whole store when I'm tempted by the display models.

CC

No comments: