Monday, January 30, 2012

This Week In Candy

Candy News -  According to the many e-mails and postings I've received in the last few weeks, it would appear that Valentines Day is coming up.  If you're a candy maker and you want me to mention your Valentines candy treat be sure to let me know.  It looks like it'll be a good year for Valentines Day treats as well since the candy industry is doing so well financially.

What's Happening At Candy Critic -  We're tirelessly trying to update www.candycritic.org with a new look and a cleaner navigation.  We hope that this new look will also be friendly for your cell phone and tablet devices as well.  As soon as the new look is up, that's not the end of the updates either.  We've decided to dedicate ourselves to going over some of the older entries and fixing up the grammar and spelling.  This is not an area where we're perfect, but I think we have improved over the last few years.  I'm also working on a new photography project that involves slices of bread covered in... well, anything.  I hope to have something on the blog soon about it, I just need to work out a few bugs first.

Rant - With the new updates the thing that's really troubling me is the old articles from www.candycritic.org.  Back before we had a blog, I used to post non-review related rants and ideas as articles on the site.  I kept them online for all these years, but frankly some of them seem outdated, and others seem kind of hidden in the background.  The thing is, once in a while people send me e-mails about particular articles and how much they've enjoyed them.  The plan is to pull them off the website and re-post most of them on the blog, do you think this is a good idea?

CC

No comments: