Monday, January 30, 2012

BBQ Sauce, Cheese, and Ruffles Chips?

This weekend Allison and I went to a movie here in Athens and we discovered one of the strangest, and possibly most disgusting movie snack ideas ever.  The theater is promoting ruffles chips with a side of nacho cheese sauce and BBQ sauce.  I'm not sure if this idea is a traditional movie snack here in Greece, or if it's an attempt to simulate the popular trend of nachos and cheese at movie theaters in North America.  If it's a Greek creation, I think I have to rethink my past statements saying that all Greek food is fantastic.  If it's a take on North American theater food, then I'm thinking some lines got crossed somewhere.  In my entire life I've never seen potato chips offered with BBQ sauce or cheese.  Sure BBQ and cheese flavoured chips are OK, but the texture of the chip cannot hold up to the wetness of these two sauces.

On a side note, I've discovered that some theaters in Greece offer cheese Doritos with cheese sauce as their nacho chips.  Call me a purist, but a plain corn chip is the only chips worth dipping in cheese sauce.

CC

No comments: