Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Post Easter Treats From Friends

Before I start this post, I want to clear a few things up.  First of all, I'm in Greece right now, and Greek Easter just finished this weekend.  Secondly a lot of my friends have other plans this time of year, but we like to get together after this kind of holiday.  I say all of this because after a recent get together celebrating being friends, a few of my friends brought me some Easter treats, after the holiday.  I could hold onto this treats and write about them next year, but frankly they'd go bad and I might forget about them.  So I present, some great post Easter treats that I received this weekend.
My friend Outi from Finland brought me an amazing package of eggs from here home country.  Made by the famous Fazer brand, these eggs look so amazingly real.  They look so real, only because they are real... well sort of.
The white shell of these treats are in fact real chicken eggs.  The eggs are emptied out and filled with chocolate.  You can kind of tell where they're filled from, but it's still an amazing feat.  The chocolate is the regular high quality you'd expect from Fazer and it's solid.
My friend Michal came back from Israel with a couple of bars.  At first I thought that they where a couple of my favorite Israeli chocolate bars Pesek Zman (Time Out), and they are... well sort of.  For Passover each year the folks at Elite, who make these bars, make a special run of these, but Kosher.  So some of the ingredients are changed in order to suit the dietary needs of the community.  This is amazing, and something no one ever thinks of in many countries.  I tried it out and it was pretty good too, the only difference I can sense is a slightly less crunchy wafer.  Easter treats are so great, even after Easter.

CC

No comments: