Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - Chip Fix

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week I'm posting an old article that was a challenge to any and all chip companies.

Here's an interesting little discovery I made. I just bought a bag of chips and when I opened it, I found that most of the chips in the bag were all broken. It really ticked me off, for what reason I'm really not sure since I still got the right amount of chips in my bag. Why are perfectly shaped chips so important to us? What's wrong with the little ones? Well back to the original thought. I continued to eat my busted chips, when I noticed that as I ate more they started to get bigger and bigger. At the top of my bag they seem fine. Then I noticed, I opened the bag upside down, and as we all know the little chips sink to the bottom.

This made me wonder. When they bag chips are the all perfectly cut? I mean if I was to get a bag right off the line, would I be able to eat perfect chips all the way through. Is it that or do they purposefully mix it up a little. Do they add their busted chips to the whole ones just to save a few bucks. I don't blame them, I mean its not that big a deal to save a little money and its not like the chips are bad if they're small. So here's my challenge or question. If any chip company is out there and they can answer my question with proof, I'll give them a mention on the site. The proof I need, well, the perfect bag of un-broken potato chips.

CC

No comments: