Monday, July 01, 2013

This Week In Candy/It's Canada Day!!!

When you live outside of your home country, your national day starts to become one of your favorite holidays.  Within your country the national day tends to be more of an inconvenience than anything worth celebrating.  You find yourself just trying to get out of the city and away from other Canadians, rather than celebrating how cool the country and the people of Canada really are.  I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing on this Canada Day (I'm writing this in advance) but I think I'll probably eat the Oh Henry bar that a friend brought me while waving a flag (I'll post a picture on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram if I can).

Now back to the business of Candy Critic.  If you haven't noticed already, we've started to post a new review both Monday and Wednesday.  Our Monday review is still our featured review, but now every Wednesday we're posting a new Japanese review, with help from our friends at oyatsucafe.com.  Remember, if you want to sample any of the treats we review on Wednesdays, you can go to their site, pick it up, and if you use the code "candycritic" you also get a great discount.

Finally, I'm just finishing up a few articles I've written about the candy world.  I hope to get them published in print, but who knows.  I'm looking for suggested places that might be interested in publishing them.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.

CC

No comments: