Friday, February 06, 2015

Candy In The Media - Super Bowl Edition


It's that time of year again, time to look at some of the most expensive commercials of the year.  The Super Bowl has for years been the place where big budget commercials set the tone for the rest of the year.  I like to compile all of the snack/candy commercials together, to see how the advertisers are spending the loads of money that I spend on snacks annually.  Unfortunately, this year I had a hard time finding any "great" ads.  The Coke ad above was OK, at the very least it had a nice message.


Doritos hit us this year with three ads.  I'm getting a little sick of their style of advertising to be honest.  While these ads were clever a few years back, now they're just cliche.  The creative spark that was Doritos Super Bowl commercials of the past, are just boring today.





This Skittles commercial is also lacking in creativity as well. I like a clever ad like the next guy, but this one is just weird for weird sake.  It's about time Skittles dumped this "Taste the Rainbow" campaign and found something new.  It's an awesome candy that has a great deal of advertising potential, I just don't think they're using it.

This Snickers commercial is probably my favorite this year.  While it's still using the campaign that they introduced last year, they cleverly re-packaged it with a retro twist.  I'll give them a pass this year, but they better have something different next year.

CC

No comments: