Monday, March 16, 2015

This Week In Candy

The big event this week is our favorite holiday related to everything green and/or Irish.  I think St Patrick's Day might be the only holiday that has yet to be inundated with gifts or candy.  Just about every other holiday offers a huge selection of specialized treats, but not this one.  I would say that if you had to associate St Patrick's Day with any food item, it would probably be beer.  I'm not saying that you have to be drunk or drinking to enjoy this holiday, I'm just saying that many people do associate certain drinks with this day.  Even if we are to look at snack foods, and try and find one that is associated with this holiday, it's a drink, the Shamrock Shake.

This week I'm preparing for an upcoming trip.  I'm heading back to Europe for a little while to explore a few new places I've never visited before.  I'm going to take this opportunity to taste test one of the new recipe Cadbury Creme eggs, but other than that I'm not sure what I'm going to sample.  The trip is mainly a vacation, but I can't seem to take any kind of vacation from the candy world, and I'm sure I'll stop and try a few new treats along the way.

This week on our Snack Facts Instagram feed we're going to talk about things that are green.  Since I can't really think of too many Irish/St Patrick's snacks to post about, the next best thing would be to focus on the colour green.  Follow us on Instagram if you want a daily Snack Fact sent to your feed.  If you're not on Instagram, you can also follow Snack Facts on our Facebook page and our Twitter feed.

As I've mentioned several times on this post, there aren't really that many "Irish" candies that I know about.  The only exception would be this particularly Irish version of Sour Patch Kids that we reviewed a few months back.  So for today's review I figured that I would go as close as I could to a St Patrick's Day review.  Today's review is based on a small magical man, and it's made in Europe.  It's the best I could do.

CC

No comments: