Monday, November 30, 2015

This Week In Candy

Our friends at Fla-Ver sent us a whole bunch of candies, but I can't decide which ones I want to review.  Today I posted the first review (popcorn flavoured), but I think I'm going to do at least one more. Instead of me choosing which "Fla-Ver" to review, I'm going to leave it up to you guys. At least you guys on Periscope.  Over the next few days I'm going to go onto Periscope (at random times) and ask you guys which candy I should review.  You can vote by leaving me a comment on Periscope, and the "Fla-Ver" with the most comments will be the one I review.  This is going to be technically our first installments of our new Periscope series called "VS".

With the new Star Wars movie coming out later in December, it got me thinking about Star Wars candy.  With the inspiration of a few friends, I've come up with a few Star Wars treats that I'd like to see.  We'll be posting more about that later this week, along with a couple of doodles.  Candy makers take note.

This week I'm also going to record a few episodes of our new podcast Junk Fud, coming out in January.  I've learned that having a few under your belt is a good idea. I'm still trying to work out all of the details, so if you have any suggestions for a podcast topic, let me know.  I'm also looking for guests for the podcast as well, if you think you'd make a good guest, send me an e-mail.

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're looking at a classic holiday treat, the Terry's Chocolate Orange.  Every day this week we'll post a fun fact about this spherical chocolate treat.  As a bonus fact for you, Terry's Chocolate Orange is going to be our official Christmas candy review this year on candycritic.org.  Make sure to check our Instagram feed every day, if you don't use Instagram, that's OK too, you can follow Snack Facts on our Twitter feed and Facebook page as well.

As you've read above, we picked one of the 5 flavours of Fla-Ver candies to review.  Today we're posting the popcorn flavoured candy review.  It was pretty fascinating, and it made me think a bit about other popcorn flavoured treats I've tried in the past as well.  Click here to read this first Fla-Ver candy review.

CC

No comments: