Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Tom's Look At The Visual Side Of Snacks And Candy - Real Fruit Yo Yos

Today’s entry in this on-going study of packaging was a delightful discovery on a day when I needed to make a ‘pit stop’ at Starbucks. I felt obliged to buy something in return for the use of the facilities (a trait picked up from my Dad). I didn’t need a coffee and this brightly coloured package, about the size of a package of trading cards,  caught my eye. A bear (even says so right on it) silhouette bearing (sorry) a leaf over his bareness, apparently due to a sense of modesty. The text describes the product as a “real fruit yo yo”. As my last name is “Yeo”, there was a sense of connection. I also like strawberries and it claims to contain real fruit!
When I got home and opened the package, I was surprised to find a card depicting and describing chameleons of Madagascar! Chameleons are one of my favourite creatures, so this was a real treat. I gather the product is aimed at children but that doesn’t keep me from getting a kick out of the jazzy illustration style. I even learned stuff I didn’t know about chameleons and Madagascar, itself. Not bad for a wee card.
Last but not least, when I looked at the bar code, the designer had dropped a nice groaner of a pun (see photo) just for those of us who revel in such things.

Tom

Make sure to check out Tom's amazing art on his Instagram feed, and also check out one of his awesome exclusive Candy Critic shirt designs.


No comments: