Monday, September 06, 2021

A Cup Full Of Chips

I feel like the trend of sweet and savoury is starting to become completely normal. When I was a kid the idea of mixing sweet and savoury was something totally new. There were only a few salty snacks that you would see in a sweet form, and almost every time you'd see them the salt would be removed. Things like popcorn and peanuts would be in both, but you'd almost never find salty popcorn or salted peanuts with anything sweet. I feel like chocolate covered pretzels and potato chips were the first to cross over. Then, as people got used to it, these treats became less special and more mainstream. Today I feel like there's enough sweet and salty treats out there that I should dedicate and entire section of candycritic.org to this combination of flavours.

Click here to read my latest sweet and salty review.

Also be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to find out what other salty things I do.

If you really want to be sweet, make sure to follow my Patreon as well.

CC

No comments: