Monday, March 27, 2023

On The Subject Of Popcorn Being Candy

Of all the snacks that might or might not be candy, I feel like popcorn blurs the lines more than most snacks. If you've seen my other reviews on this site, you know that I play fast and loose when it comes to defining a candy. Some say that chocolate is not candy, some say that anything that isn't made mostly of sugar isn't candy. I on the other hand run a site called Candy Critic and I feature reviews of potato chips. Popcorn on the other hand feels like it might be the real mixed bag. If you cover a piece of fruit in sugar, you can call it candy, so if you cover a piece of popcorn, then wouldn't it be candy as well. By this definition, caramel corn should totally be candy. Today's featured review blurs that line even further as it's not only a candy popcorn, but it's flavoured/themed to a classic gummy candy.

Check out this interesting candy that really blurs some lines.

CC

No comments: