Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strange Treats offered by a famous mouse.

As expected going to a Disney theme park on another content (Disney Sea in Japan) one might find a few treats that aren’t exactly what you would expect. Shown above is the coffee Jelly offered at one of the restaurants as a desert. It’s not that strange to find Jelly offered as a desert but coffee Jelly at a theme park is a little strange.
This sign isn’t a great example but this shack called ‘Open Sesame’ sells sesame churros. Now I’m no expert in the history of the churro but I don’t think sesame was an original ingredient. I’m thinking they took a few liberties. But this wasn’t the strangest.
Just outside of the Arabian castle they offered Curry flavoured popcorn. I should mention that it seems that popcorn was the most popular treat in Disney Sea as I saw so many people eating it and so many boots offering different flavours of it. None of the flavours however where strange flavours like this one.
Even though I had the option to go nuts with strange snacks I opted for the simple classic caramel corn. I’m happy I did because it was great and surprisingly a little different than what I expected. Not as sweet and not nearly as greasy as most caramel corns I’ve had. I left that night a happy boy.

CC

4 comments:

Sally Masters said...

And they call this the happiest place on earth?

Chris Stewart said...

I think it's great, I was really happy to find strange treats all over the place. It's good to see Disney step out of the box with their treats once in a while. And the day was super fun all around.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't try the Curry Popcorn. I'm disappointed in you.

Chris Stewart said...

Sorry.