Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Old Candy Critic Articles - Better or Worse

I've decided to take down several old articles from the candycritic.org and re-post them here on the Candy Critic blog.  This week, since it's so hot in so many places all over the world, I've decided to post an article I wrote about the differences between a couple of fudgy ice cream treats.

This article was not planned at all, then it happened, the first day of summer. You know what I love about the first day of summer? The first cool treat on a warm day. So there I am walking down the street into my local store and I'm off to the ice cream case. Then I see it, one of my favourites, a super fudge Popsicle Thinking a simple choice was to be had, I made a horrible discovery. There are more than one type of super fudge Popsicle So being the Candy Critic, I bought both and I'm going to compare the two and let you know what I think.  This way you don't have to worry that, if faced with the same problem, you'll make the wrong decision.
Super Fudge

Nestlé

Simply perfection. This has got to be one of the greatest ice cream treats ever made. This is one of the treats that I will purchase again and again. If you find one and your in the mood for a fudgy treat, this is the one for you. The only reason you might not like it is that its very sweet, but the chocolate flavour is spectacular, and the texture is perfect.
Xtreme Fudge

Good Humor

I really couldn't figure this fudgy treat out. At first it was awesome, imagine a Fudgsicle dipped in chocolate. It was a great start but as I ate it, I was left disappointed. As you got lower and lower the Xtreme Fudge treat changed shades of brown. This did nothing but ruin the flavour which was fine at the start.  It's a fine treat, but not the best.

All things are not created equal, and that's a good thing, because I would be out of business if they were. If given the choice, I have to go with the Nestlé Super Fudge - it just gave a little more. You know what would a fantastic idea? If the two company's came together and made a Super Xtreme fudge treat, only in my dreams I guess.

CC

No comments: