Monday, January 19, 2015

This Week In Candy

This last week the big news was the change of recipe for the Cadbury Creme Egg.  It appears that Cadbury, now owned by Kraft, has decided to change the chocolate used for the outside shell of the egg, as well as change the number of eggs sold in bulk packages (this can only be confirmed in some countries). The one place that is apparently not being affected by the changes is the USA, but everywhere else they're now no longer using Dairy Milk chocolate for their eggs.  This has rocked the candy world, and many have taken to social media to complain about this.  We here at Candy Critic are at the very least skeptical about the new shell, but we plan on getting our hands on one of these new eggs and giving them a try.

Stay tuned this week as we'll be starting a contest that could get you some free Mike & Ike's candies.  They're introducing a couple of new flavours and they've graciously offered to send some to me and to some of my followers.  I'm still working out the details of the contest, but I'll be sure to announce it on Facebook and Twitter the minute I have everything worked out.

This week on Snack Facts, our very fun and informative Instagram feed, we're looking at the French Fry.  It's going to be a week filled with greasy, starchy and salty information about one of the most popular fast foods in the world.  You can follow Snack Facts on Instagram, or you don't use Instagram, you can also follow it on our Twitter feed and our Facebook page.

This week's review is a fun little treat that I picked up in Turkey.  I wasn't sure if I should put this under European candy or Asian, since I bought it in Istanbul (it's the city that stretches over two continents).  I finally decided on Europe only because I actually bought it on the European side of the Bosphorus. Click here to read about this bar I bought in Turkey.

CC

No comments: