Monday, September 07, 2015

This Week In Candy

I'm feeling pretty ill today. Last week we had to live in "temporary" accommodations as our house was being work on.  Then we get home for about 2 days, and I get food poisoning.  It's one of those instances where there is no doubt in my mind that it's food poisoning.  The good news about having food poisoning is that it makes you think about what you eat.  I've been thinking about my diet, the world's diet, just food in general over the last few days.  For the most part it's been random thinking with little real substance, however I did come up with one question that I can't figure out.  Why don't we eat more acorns?

This week at candycritic.org we're continuing all kinds of projects.  My plans to put together podcasts has been more planning than executing, and I've found it difficult to organize.  So I've decided to try to record a few solo shows this week to see how it goes.  I've got two ideas I want to work on, so if all goes well I should have a show or two to post in the next week.  We're also still working out the bugs of our Periscope show called "VS".  Link up with us on Periscope by looking for "candycritic" to help us compare some classic treats.

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're looking at cereal. Some of you may argue that cereal is not really a snack, but I'm not feeling well and it seems to be the only thing I can eat right now.  So check out our feed and learn something new about the crunchy breakfast treat every day.  If you're not on Instagram, don't worry, you can also follow Snack Facts on our Twitter feed and Facebook page as well.

This week's review is proof positive that good candy companies can't always work well together.  Click here to read the review that disapointed me.

CC

No comments: