Monday, April 03, 2017

This Week In Candy


I've got major website update on my brain. There are two inspirations to update the whole look of the site, one is a comment someone made, the other is a feeling.  The feeling comes from the fact that it's spring, and spring cleaning is in the air. This often makes me think about spring cleaning on my websites as well.  The comment came from a young web designer who commented that although the content of my site was fine, the look (and coding) was horrible.  It hurt a little, but I do know there are a few things I've wanted to change about the site lately.  My first choice is do I change just the look of the site, the second choice is to update how the whole site works.  I'm not very good at a lot of this modern web coding, but there are also a few tools out there that might help me out.  Basically I'm looking at you guys out there, can you help me update candycritic.org, or maybe I shouldn't bother?

Other than that, the regular workings here are going to keep on trucking. Allison and I are thinking of per-recording a bunch of episodes of Junk Fud On The Road over the next month.  We're both going to be super busy this summer, and it would be nice to get ahead. I'm also starting to prep things here for Easter, including deciding what should be the official Easter review.  Let me know if you have any Easter favorites you think we shouldn't miss this year on Facebook and Twitter. We're also plugging away at the Doughnut Project, and we should have a few new entries later this week.

This week's new review should have been perfect, but its imperfects were so great that it made it really disappointing. Not what I would expect from the folks at Trader Joe's. Click here to find out why things went downhill.

CC

No comments: